San Jose: The Lens Lab, producer of photography-focused mobile apps, has declared the launching of the LetterGlow app for iPhone and iPod touch on the App Store. The app allows mobile photographers transform any image into a powerful story by applying text and design overlays and lets them upload these images directly to WordPress powered sites; a first for photo editing apps on the App Store.
“The vast majority of photo editing apps only support the simple sharing to social sites like Facebook, Instagram & Twitter," said Stuart Watson, Founder of The Lens Lab. "With the LetterGlow app we address a missing piece for so many people who just want to create beautiful messages with their photos and then easily use them for their own blog, business or personal endeavor.”
Publishing from iPhone to WordPress:
Bloggers, marketers & business owners by now identify the value of having their own website to share what they do and to endorse their services. With the breadth of photography apps accessible, it is easier than ever to turn iPhone photos into engaging images that tell a story about the person, the product or the brand. The challenge is that getting those creative images onto a website or into a blog post usually entails more time and effort than simply posting to a social media site.
Applying text and design to iPhone images:
Standing out from other solutions, the LetterGlow app allows users to simply apply text & design overlays to their photos and then promptly share them to both social media and their own blogs and websites. Multiple layers of text and overlays can be applied and then modified using tools like opacity, color, rotation & spacing. The app comes with 42 included fonts but users can also install their own fonts for further customization. The final edited photos are saved at the full resolution and ready to be shared to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and Dropbox, as well as WordPress.
“We believe that apps like this do so much more than just add text over a photo," said Watson. "LetterGlow is a tool to help creatives, bloggers & marketers share their story and their brand and that's why we've focused on giving them professional features, intuitive design and simple publishing to their own sites & blogs.”
Primary Features - Users of the LetterGlow app get a range of features to edit & share their images:
- Apply multiple layers of text & design overlays
- Select from 42 included fonts of various styles
- Optionally install additional fonts
- Full control over position, rotation, opacity, color, letter & line spacing
- Select from 120 design overlays including shapes, decorations, lines and phrases
- Apply a black or white tint to the photo to help text stand out
- Supports square & rectangular photos at full resolution (up to max device resolution)
- Save design templates to re-use on future photos (e.g. for watermarking)
- Efficient sharing of images via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Dropbox and email
- Direct upload to a WordPress media library (either self-hosted or WordPress.org site)
- iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4/5 gen), and iPad
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- 12.0 MB
Pricing and Availability
LetterGlow 1.0 is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and obtainable worldwide solely through the App Store in the Photo & Video category from Thursday August 29, 2013.
Read more: WordPress Web Development